Cut all Negativity and Improve your Immunity with Ayurveda
What will happen if you daily count on the number of COVID-19 cases? If you are a common resident and not a medical or administrative staff, you can’t do anything by worrying about number of cases. That’s a fact and we have to accept this fact that what best we can do is boost our immunity in whatever possible way so that we can keep ourselves healthy.
Therefore, Sun Touriism consulted with Dr. Preeti Gupta, renowned Ayurvedic acharya in ‘Nadi Vaidya Aayu Mantra Ayurveda’ from Bikaner, Rajasthan. She believes thatAyurveda being the plant based science, propagates the gifts of nature in maintaining healthy and happy living. Its extensive knowledge is based on preventive care which is derived from concepts of “Dinacharya” – ‘daily regimes’ and “Ritucharya” – ‘seasonal regimes’ to maintain healthy life.
Here are some self-care guidelines suggested by her for boosting immunity:
- Drink warm water throughout the day.
- Daily practice Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation for at-least 30 minutes.
- Use turmeric, cumin, coriander and garlic in cooking.
- Take Chyavanprash 10 grams( 1 Tablespoon) in the morning daily.
- Drink herbal tea or kadha made from Basil(Tulsi), Cinnamon(Dalchini), Black pepper(Kalimirch), Dry ginger(Shunthi) and Raisins(Munakka) once or twice a day.
- Drink hot milk by adding half tablespoon of turmeric to it once or twice a day.
- Apply sesame oil/coconut oil or Ghee in both the nostrils (PratimarshNasya) in morning and evening.
- Take 1 tablespoon sesame or coconut oil in the mouth. Swish it in your mouth for 2-3 minutes and spit it off followed by a warm water rinse. If done once or twice is sufficient.
- If you have a dry cough or sore throat, you can inhale steam with fresh Mint (Pudina) leaves or Caraway seeds (Ajwain) once in a day. Also. You can take honey with Clove (Lavang) powder 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation.